So, Nate has now completed his second week of work and I have finished my first. I decided that being thrown into a school in the middle of the year is crazy. I'm not even sure which kids on "the list" are still supposed to be on my caseload, so I am just winging it. The old therapist is supposed to be coming in next week, so hopefully that will clear some things up for me. I work at a school called Fox Elementary. It's in downtown Richmond and I have to park on the street because there is not enough teacher parking. Everyone seems pretty nice and it's in a nice area of downtown that is probably quite pricey. In good news, I already get a vacation day. Because Monday is MLK day the school is closed so I will be sleeping in.
Also this week we got to have an ultrasound of the baby. It was very squirmy and kept running away while we were trying to get a picture. From what we saw it looked healthy -- 10 fingers and toes, although at this point it still looks a lot like an alien. It was pretty cool to see it, but still very surreal. Our new doctor is very cool and I think we will be happy with our choice. We have another appointment in a month and will hopefully get to find out whether its a boy or girl.
On Friday Bruce came to visit. It was very brief but we had a good time. We ate at PF Changs that night and then watched a screener of Taken. It was excellent and we really liked it. On Saturday we drove around looking at houses and then Bruce had to go home. Apparently he has responsibilities or something like that in Delaware.
Finally, this week we made an offer on this house we really liked. They countered, but apparently someone else made a higher offer. We're not really sure what is going on with that. The offer was verbal and not a contract so we'll see if it ends up happening. Anyway, we have a pretty good idea of what is available in our price range here in the west end. We're just taking our time to find something we like.
So that was our week...lots of exciting things going on (work not being one of them...just kidding).
No comments:
Post a Comment