Well, we have finally left the cow-town of Harrisonburg and we are settled into our apartment in Richmond. Three guys came on Monday and packed up all of our stuff at our old apartment and they moved it into our storage unit on Tuesday. Kenzie and I spent the rest of the week getting our bearings and exploring our new town of Richmond. We live in the new area, or so we are told, which is fine with Kenzie as it has 3 huge malls within about 7 miles. I am a little less excited for the malls as my job pays well, but not that well.
There are some things that I will miss about Harrisonburg
1. I will miss the 7:45 train that goes by every day about 100 feet from our apartment
2. I will miss the loud speaker system of our neighbor as he blared his subwoofer every evening
3. I will miss the cultural trips to walmart during which we could watch rednecks and Russians attempt to use the automatic checkouts and take about 20 minutes to do so
4. I will miss the 20 minute traffic delays caused by placing the entrance to the university, freeway, and main road of Harrisonburg all within 40 yards of one another
5. And what I will miss the most is the smell
I start my new job tomorrow as well and I am a little bit nervous for that to begin. I am sure that I will do fine but it is always a little unnerving to start something new. Kenzie will be hanging out this week getting her licensing in order so that she can begin work next Monday. Then we begin our search for a new house somewhere here in Richmond. I have no idea how one goes about getting a house or whatever but we are going to get a crash course in home-buying as we have to be out of our apartment by March 15th. It’s weird to be doing all these grown-up activities like a job, 403b, commuting, buying a house…. I never thought I would be the one doing this stuff.
We think that we will like Richmond a lot and it seems to be a much better fit than Harrisonburg. The next two weeks will be very exciting as we join the workforce and begin to scout out a place for our home.
No comments:
Post a Comment