Friday, January 30, 2009

More Money, More Problems



So we really like one of the houses that we looked at. We have spent a lot of time looking around the west end of Richmond which is the most family friendly and yadda yadda - anyway there are not an overwhelming amount of houses in our price range on the "west end" and so we picked this one as our favorite. We put an offer on it - they countered - and then we counter countered and they accepted. Then came the home inspection......

The home inspector found about 2000 bucks of little stuff like this on the outside of the house that needs to be fixed. So I am not sure where we go from here.

The backyard is great, the inside is in good shape, and we really like the house. We are going to work with the people selling it to get them to fix the problems. It is an adventure to get a house and we are learning along the way. Hopefully this one works out though because if not we are going to have to head back to the drawing board....

4 comments:

Justin and Coralie said...

I hope they fix it up. It's a cute house! How fun to be all grown-up and settled (minus the bills, right?). I hope it all works out...

Sommer said...

Oh little things are okay. Just think, it could be worse...Mold, crack in the foundation, rusty pipes..etc. It's cute!

Dawnene Young said...

I hear they accepted your offer. Congratulations!! Exciting times. Can't wait to see it!
Dawnene

Tanaya and Tim said...

Congratulations on being close to buying a house. I really like that house from the front view, and hope that someday (probably not for about 7 more years...) we can get a house too. And I wish I could have come a few weeks ago when you guys all got together. We'll have to plan something soon!