Callie is such a cute baby and she reminds me exactly of Kenna. I thought that in the hospital too, but now that she is home it is like seeing a little clone. She makes the same faces and noises as Kenna did and I think they have the same chin.
Callie left the hospital at on Tuesday September 11 weighing 5 lb 10 oz and eating 30-50 mL per feeding. We took her in to the pediatrician the next day and she weighed 5 lb 11.5 oz and she is now up to 50-70 mL per feeding. She is doing great and there are no words to describe how happy I am to be home with my whole family.
Kenna has been wonderful. Unfortunately she is up around 6 am most days so she eats breakfast with Nate before he leaves and then he will sit her on the bed with the ipad where she will quietly watch movies and play games for an hour while I get a little extra sleep. She loves to throw away diapers, help me burp Callie and hold her bottle, and Callie has had about a million hugs and kisses from her sister. When I asked Kenna if she liked being a big sister she said, "Yeah. I like Callie. I think we should keep her for ever." I am so lucky to have such sweet, wonderful girls.
I am also lucky to have Nate. He gets up at night when I am too tired, has almost sole responsibility for Kenna when he is home and washes bottles, cleans the house, and makes dinner without being asked. He has also had a little practice being a stay at home mom, including getting up with Callie all night. Since Callie was premature I'm not supposed to have her around a lot of kids which means no church, no crowded grocery store/parks, no gym daycare and no Lix to babysit all day because she has two little kids. So, I have found some PRN work on Saturdays and Nate has been in charge. I think it is a nice role reversal for us. I get to know how he feels when wishes he were home to do fun things with us and he gets to know what it feels like to run around like a crazy person and not get to shower until after noon.
It has been a little bit of an adjustment but we are very, very happy. I think we have the two greatest kiddos in the world!
We have a picture of Kenna almost exactly like this...
Kenna face and hand gesture.
Kenna is going to be Minnie Mouse for Halloween. She's very excited!
Kenna asked to hold Callie. She thought it was so great. She giggled the whole time.
Kenna face
Callie loves the bath. She is completely relaxed in the tub.
4 comments:
My my, she does look a lot like her sister! Congrats on having the whole family home. Adri was 5 lbs 10 oz at birth so Callie is right on track to be the shortest kid in her second grade class, too!
I was so close to ordering a Minnie mouse costume for Karlee this year. So glad you're all doing well and I'm sure you don't want to see Baylor for a very long time! I'd love to come meet miss Callie and see you when Karlees at preschool sometime.
She is so, so, so cute!!! Skype date soon??
I love the "talk to the hand" picture! She's so teeny tiny! Give love to both the girls from auntie Sommy! Love you guys!
Post a Comment