Saturday, May 7, 2011

Normal



I recognize the fact that our family is not normal. Two things today made me realize this. Thing first, I picked up a spatula out of the middle of the backyard today. You see, yesterday Kenzie wanted sugar cookies so on my way home from the gym (that's right) I grabbed all three different types of sugar cookies that the store had and headed home thinking I had accomplished my task. I got home and it turns out that Kenzie wanted a sugar cookie mix that is actually located next to brownie mixes. Who knew? So she popped in the first batch of sugar cookies and they were awful. Seriously, you could have used them on passover for unleavened bread. But rather than throw them away, I decided that since the oven is so close to the backdoor I would use the spatula as a catapult and the gross sugar cookies as ammunition and I proceeded to throw the cookies into the backyard. It went well for 2 cookies and then on the third cookie I accidentally let go of the spatula and off it went. Oh well. "I will just get it tomorrow" I thought. Hence, picking up a spatula in the backyard - no big deal.

Thing second, our child has a very refined pallet. She loves olives. I think I know why.


Also, potty training has begun.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Good luck with the potty-training! And the story about sugar cookies and catapulting them with spatulas was very entertaining. :)

Unknown said...

LOVE that picture of Kenna with the olives :) My mom has several of me doing the exact same thing growing up!

Sommer said...

LOVE it!!! Normal is all relative, especially when you have kids! I found an old wet (used) diaper mixed in with all of my plastic bags once... that was fun!

Dawnene Young said...

Dear Normal:

I NEED A NEW POST! I'M HAVING MAJOR WITHDRAWLS!!!! xo Dawnene