We took off last Friday and headed for the Holy Land (Utah). When we were packing, I asked Kenzie if I should bring a sweatshirt or if it would be warm in Utah. She said she wasn't sure, and that I should bring one just in case. I didn't. I brought one long sleeve t-shirt. I had to wash it twice while I was out there and wear it three times. It was cold. It snowed....several times. Boo. But Kristi still got married, and she looked terribly fashionable on the big day.

The first weekend we were there we also made a journey up to Boise Idaho to visit with my Grandpa. Kenna was a bit jet/car lagged by the time we got up there, but it was fun to see my Grandpa and Grandma. We even swung over to Angela's place afterward to hang out with some of my cousins and relatives and got to eat large amounts of her delicious food. At my Grandpa's house, Kenna found the best toy in the world. I let her play with the sprayer attached to the faucet and she loved it. Best Toy Ever.


Now on to the highlight of the entire trip. Kenzie's dad signed Cafe Rio as an advertising client and so they rewarded him with a bajillion dollars in gift cards. And where do you go to pick up gift cards? Cafe Rio corporate headquarters. The poor receptionist was a little bit taken aback when I explained to her that this was like a visit to see Santa Clause for me. They were happy to have me and Brig there though and even rummaged through the storage closet to see if they had a free t-shirt that was my size. Needless to say, the rest of the week was spent at Cafe Rio. I think I averaged eating there 1.3 times a day. Between that and Rodezios (another one of Brig's clients) I am going to have to detox for a complete month before I can get back to normal.



The wedding was fantastic though and Kristi and David looked great. The best part of the whole evening was the fireworks show. Kenna had never seen fireworks and she went from terrified to scared to excited all in about 2 minutes. She really didn't know what to think of it, so she resorted to calling the fireworks a "fire rainbow". Pretty hilarious.
When we left Utah this morning we had to drive through a pretty solid snowstorm to get to the airport. We also had to de-ice the plane. When we landed in Richmond, it was a pleasant 68 degrees. It is good to be back.
2 comments:
I just caught up on your last few blog entries. Kenna keeps getting cuter and cuter, if that's possible! I'm glad you had a good trip to Utah. Now I'm salivating for some Cafe Rio...I miss that place.
It looks like Kenna and Jenna had a fun easter egg hunt. And last but not least I wanted to say that I love your family picture...you guys look fantastic!
thank you for coming :) I get to see you this weekend too! Also, can i have that picture of Kenna and i from the wedding? She's so beautiful!
Post a Comment