Monday, February 14, 2011

Eleven Months Later

For those dedicated blog followers, you will remember that I built some bookshelves in the living room back in March. They were very functional and looked ok, but they definitely needed some more love and attention. They finally got it on Saturday. We went to Lowes and picked out the trim while Kenna built a block tower with finish molding (Lowes is a great place for kids!). We got it up in a couple of hours and the shelves no longer look terrible.

Life has returned to normal the past 2 weeks, but it is soon to be disrupted as I leave Kenzie on and off for a month. I have been allowed to learn inpatient orders and the Labor and Delivery parts of the system that I work on and thus, I will be traveling to Wisconsin for three weeks to get certified in the new applications. It is always a bummer to leave Kenzie and the kiddo, but this is a great opportunity at work and I am excited to take advantage of it. I already went for one class (out of 4) and was able to pass the test and the project. Three more to go.

Everything else is great. It is finally warming up in Richmond (it is 60 today) and we celebrate by taking Kenna on long bike rides and spending lots of time outside. Our next project is an outdoor one and involves building a ramp up to the 2 story clubhouse so that the girls can play in it without having to scale a ladder.







3 comments:

Dawnene Young said...

Wow - those look awesome! I love them!

Jarom said...

Does elelven come before twelvle?

Carolyn said...

Your shelves look great! And I'm jealous of the nice weather you've been having--we're still freezing here.