Monday, February 28, 2011

Kenna's First Crush

For those who don't know, Nate works with the youth at our church. He goes to activities with them, coaches them in basketball and basically fits right in. Kenna and I have been going to the basketball games and she LOVES them. She will actually sit still and watch an entire half. I have even taught her to cheer. I'm not sure she realizes that cheering is reserved for basketball games. As she's walking around the house I hear, "Go Jeremy! Go Bo!" As she's swinging I hear, "Go Jeremy! Go Juan! Go Mitchell, Go Chase!" I also tried to teach her to chant 'we're number one' while holding up her fingers, but she is confused about this also so she holds up one finger while cheering for 'the boys' as she calls them. It is pretty funny. However, Bo, Juan, Mitchell, Chase, and even Jeremy (who Kenna really, really likes) can't hold a candle to Conner (insert sigh here).
Conner is in the seventh grade and came over one night with his mom to babysit Kenna and Jenna while we all went out for Lix's birthday. Ever since then, Kenna has been in love. She asks for him all the time, chants "Go Conner!" (while holding up the number one finger), and yells for him at the top of her lungs when she sees him at church. He is such a nice kid and is very, very sweet to her. He stops to say hi every time we see him. We even got to go over to his house on Saturday to watch the BYU game. He was nice enough the play basketball with her. It took her a minute to get it, but she had fun. She spent most of the game exploring the new house, but made sure she knew where Conner was at all times. When I asked her if he loved Conner she said, "yes."

Other than that life is pretty normal. Nate was in Wisconsin last week and we missed him. I realized that I put more effort into being a parent when I know Nate isn't going to be around to relieve me, so we ended up having a pretty fun week. We spent a lot of time at the Children's Museum and made a daily trip the the candy store to get a sugar free sucker. Kenna LOVES those. She has the drill down. She goes to the bin, pick one out, and runs to the counter where she stands on her tip toes to hand it to the lady. It is really cute, or in Kenna's words, "Issss yummy. Isssss fun."

Kenna's new toy from Nate. When she got it, she took every piece up to her slide to play with it there.

Kenna has become much more expressive. The other day I took her out to swing and as I was pushing her she gave me a big smile and satisfied sigh and said, "happy!" She is constantly telling me, "Isssss goofy, isssss funny, issss silly, issss fun!"

Kenna is now old enough to play in the 'cub ouse' (clubhouse)


Kenna is also definitely her father's child. She has learned that she can hand you something and as you're reaching for it she can pull it away and yell, "seek" (psych). The first time she did this I laughed for about five minutes. So now she know that when she does it, "isssss funny."

One day when the fridge was open, Kenna took the chance to sneak the whipping cream and try desperately to get some of it out.
Occasionally, Kenna will ask for some "nose." Yes, that does mean your actual nose. She wants to put it in her mouth and bite it. She is very soft when she bites and it is so funny that we let her. This usually happens in the morning as Nate and I are laying in bed with her not wanting to be awake yet. When she get sick of the nose game go and find "uhdaddn sock." For some reason she loves to pull them all out of the drawer and hide them in her room.
Kenna's next favorite toys are the keys. She has to have them all, "uhdaddn keys, uh mommys keys, uhkennas keys." Then she carries them around the house locking doors and cabinet. She has also become quite obsessed with purses and finds one in every store we go to that she will die if she doesn't get. Unfortunately, she doesn't usually get them but I have become very adept at the art of stealth and distraction. I can usually find a way to get it away from her.

With her hat, purse, and phone, she is all ready to go out.
Cooking dinner for daddn
Kenna found this scrub brush and and helped me "keen" (clean) the floor.
Videos for viewing pleasure -









3 comments:

Brad and Erica said...

Oh, Kenna, we love you! If we had any sons we'd be pushing your parents for an arranged marriage, but since there are only girls in this house, your crush on Connor is acceptable.

Carolyn said...

How cute -- she is so grown up! The tidbit about how she likes to bite your nose softly made me laugh. It's cute that she is so expressive. And I love the way you style her hair! She's adorable. Glad to hear your survived your time without Nate by getting sugar-free lollipops. :)

Mama Winn said...

Oh Miss Kenna, you are too too too cute! I miss you and cannot wait to see you next month! You are growing up way too fast. What a lucky girl you are to have such good parents! I love you. Grandma.