And thus began the great wall of Kenna. Had Kenzie ever framed a wall? Nope. Had Nate? Nope. Had Kenzie ever put up drywall? Nope. Had Nate? Nope. But Youtube had tons of people who looked like they knew what they were doing so we figured we could do it too. I took Friday off work and went to Home Depot to get everything I needed. I even rented the 20 dollars for an hour truck to get all the supplies home.
We Came, We Framed, We Conquered. Most everything went just fine, kind of. I was resting one of the sheets of drywall against the frame and went to grab my drill when a big gust of air (that is my story anyway) came and blew it from its resting position. I couldn't get to it in time so it fell all the way backwards, hit the railing, and then split in two and fell down into the living room. Kenzie actually didn't yell at me or anything and only said, "Maybe I should help you." Most...Patient....Wife....Ever.....
We finished up and it looks ok. Certainly not bad for a first framing project. We still have to tape and mud and all that jazz, but for now Kenna has a room of her own. And she "slept" in it last night for the first time, but that is another story.
Other than the great wall of Kenna, our recent activities include hanging out with Jarom and Alixa, watching Kenna crawl backwards, watching Youtube videos of people framing walls, and working.
7 comments:
Your great wall looks fantastic. Good job. Dan and I gutted and redid an entire house, two stories, furnace, windows, etc., so you are well on your way with the kitchen and the Great Wall. The wallboard falling sounds about right. One wall=one mishap. Right on target. You will thoroughly enjoy the separation. I am sure Dan would be delighted to assist. When he visits he likes projects cause he can't sit still. Likes to keep active. Just a thought. The Great
Wow. You guys always impress me with your projects! The wall looks great, and I hope it's effective!
you are so talented natie. and who said youtube wasnt educational...
Lovely wall! Talented couple! Brilliant mother! hehe. ..
Looks good to me, want to come visit and build me a new house?!!
Hooray for the great wall and many more nights of sleep to come!
Very impressive. You will be our inspiration when we get a home of our to do things ourselves. You tube is great. It taught me how to crochet.
Post a Comment