So I was cold and I missed Kenzie, but I made it through the week. I flew home on Friday knowing that Kenzie had our favorite visitors in town! On Thursday night my mom drove up with Loni, Madison, Taya, and Alli to come and visit us in Virginia. Kenzie looked forward to it all week and I was glad that I wasn’t going to have to leave Kenzie alone. They went to go see our house (we are officially closing on March 5) and got to wander through it. We got their approval and apparently the home that we are buying is “cute” – whatever that means.
I got in on Friday afternoon and met up with the hoard at the Children’s Museum of Richmond. They had already been there for an hour or two so it occurred to me that I might have a bit of trouble just wandering in to a children’s museum without any children….. I mean, I wouldn’t really let some 20 something year old guy come into a children’s museum alone if I was working there. So of course, I showed up and tried to explain to the workers that my nieces were in playing with my mom, wife and sister and she told me it was their policy not to let men in the museum when they don’t bring children with them. I told her I understood the policy, but I would be more than willing to go and show her my nieces. She continued to tell me I would not be allowed in and then she started laughing – telling me later that my mother had already paid for me and that she told her to give me a hard time. The moral of the story for all those middle aged guys is don’t try to get into a children’s museum without bringing some kids first, it just makes you look like a predator or something.
The truth behind evolution (above)
We had a great visit and enjoyed our visitors. We are getting all the paperwork and arrangements done so that we can move into our place in March. Until then I have to survive another trip to Wisconsin (hopefully my last) and Kenzie has to survive the unbelievable indigestion that accompanies reproduction. Kudos to her, I would not have any more kids if it meant I couldn’t have Chipotle.
2 comments:
OH my gosh Kenz... Do I know about indigestion. Take Pepcid...it's the only thing that even remotely helps. Miss you guys! I love your house and want to come visit! P.s. Nate, it's a very manly house.
Kenzie... I just feel that since I was forced to put a fat picture up, you should too. I would like to see your progress. And since you dont live very close and arent coming on our vacation, i must see a picture.
Post a Comment