Well, fall is here - if you can call it fall when it is still 75 degrees out. We are slowly settling in and have enjoyed the things that go along with the season -
We carved Kenna's 'punkin patch' (what she calls all pumpkins she sees). We put it outside on the front window ledge and every time she walked by the door she would gasp and say, "oh my punkin patch - Hi!"


Kenna has discovered dress-up clothes. She took these shoes off her mini mouse doll and paraded them around the house. I also frequently find my shoes strewn around the house. She loves to wear them on the tile because they "click clack."



Football. My dad flew in for the TCU/BYU game where he and Nate randomly ran into some of his old mission companions.

My dad did some fix it up projects for us around the house which included a new sink and faucet.

We went trunk-or-treating to the stores in the town square and at the end they had a petting zoo. Kenna got to touch a duck and she saw a goat poop. She thought it was awesome. She came home and demonstrated to her doll how she saw the goat poop. One store gave out little bags of popcorn which was very exciting. She had to stop outside the store to eat it as soon as she got it. She couldn't believe that people were just giving her candy. After every store she would look in her bag, giggle and say "wow! isss so much candy!" (she only had about 7 pieces total).


Of course, trick-or-treating with Jenna, Bo and Grandpa. The girls were pros. They walked right up to the house, both knocked and both yelled "trick-or-treat" before anyone could open the door. In the first house they even tried to walk in and grab the candy for themselves. Luckily they were at our very nice neighbor's house and she didn't mind. She invited them in and let them pet her cat.





All during trick-or-treating Kenna kept saying, "wow isss so much candy!" When we got home she made it though three suckers. She took a few licks of each then said, "I wanna try duh red/blue/orange now." She also loved the skittles and smarties.



Finally, we let Kenna help pass out candy to the neighborhood kids. All night she kept asking, "There's more 'chillins' (childrens) coming?"
2 comments:
Well, if that ain't the cutest cowgirl I've ever seen! Seriously, she looks darling. I'm not sure I'd ever get used to Texas and 75 degrees on Halloween. We were pleasantly surprised by a night that was only 50 degrees, instead of freezing. I'm glad you guys are having so much fun, and hope that we get to see you again before Kenna is all grown up!
Kenna looks adorable in her costume. And I love the picture of her holding her little pumpkin -- she looks beautiful. I'm so glad that you're doing well and that you're enjoying Texas so far.
Post a Comment