Kenzie was nice enough to plan Kenna’s birth just 2 days after her own birthday, which means the end of June is a solid celebration that lasts for days. To make the birthday even better this year, Dawnene (mother-in-law) decided to fly in and act as a professional au pere for a week and a half. Kenna has loved having her Grandma Dawnie around and has been busy being pushed in strollers, pushed in swings, pushed on the bike, and playing kitchen with Grandma.
Casual Friday Attire
Back to Kenzie’s birthday. She is getting old. Her dream of a great birthday was to go shopping with me. Sounds like a great present huh? I took her out and left the kiddo with the au pere and we headed toward some shops. We spent a long time in the buckle being helped by the most feminine male I have ever seen in my life. Kenzie loved it though and he served as her personal shopper. They discussed washes, lengths, rides, tightness, and lots of other things that I don’t ever think about when shopping for jeans. He was a little confused though because every time Kenzie tried on a pair of jeans or capris she would bend over and act like she was getting something off the floor. He finally asked her what she was doing and she told him that she spends all day chasing a two year old and doesn’t want to buy a pair of pants that leaves her business hanging out when she has to bend down to grab her kiddo. I guess he had never seen that before because he was cracking up. It did make the trying on pants stuff way funnier.
Kenzie had a great birthday though. We went out to lunch and had cupcakes later that night when Caleb and Brig-diddy flew in. They decided that our au pere had to be supplemented with two more Youngs so they flew in for the week. Luckily they got here in time for a kickin grill dinner and the cupcakes.
I am glad that Kenzie has stuck with me the past 6 years. She is really my best friend and is a blast to be married to. I try not to get to sappy on a public blog, but she is a great counterpoint to me. She is very considerate, soft, gentle, patient, and full of love. And she is a great mom to Kenna. I am one lucky dude.
My productivity took a dive as soon as Caleb got here. When my Halo buddy is in town, there seems to be a mix-up of priorities. I suddenly feel like I am 16 again, which is ok with me, but everyone else still sees me as the strapping, witty, 27 year old that I really am. Weird.
Jarom, Bo, and Alixa and, more importantly, Jenna made it back late this week too. Kenna really missed her buddy and would always want to video chat with Jenna to tell her to come home. I am afraid that we will never be able to leave Jarom and Lixi because Kenna would go in to withdrawal. There was not a single day that passed during Jenna’s two week vacation that Kenna did not ask to play with Jenna. Next time the other Richmond Winn’s plan a vacation, they will need to consult Kenna first.
And if we didn’t have enough Young’s here, 2 more decided to make their debut. Matt and Sierra drove over from Kentucky to spend the fourth with us. I haven’t seen them in a while so it is really fun to hang out with them. My Halo productivity has taken a dive since Matt got here, as we have been playing 3 hours of basketball a night now and rounding up men young and old from church to play. I am very sore and tired, but have really liked playing with them.
Matt and Sierra made it just in time for Kenna’s birthday, which was a great celebration as well. We had a party with lots of presents and family, and Aunt Gina came too. She had a wonderful time and has spent lots of time playing with all her new toys. We even got to go to the fire station first thing on Friday to see the fire trucks!

Overall, a busy week this past week, but a fun one. Happy birthday to Kenzie and Kenna.








2 comments:
YEAH! Happy birthday Kenna and Kenzie babes! We love and miss you! Muah muah muuuuuuuaaaaaahhhhh!
One of my all-time favorite posts! SOO Cute! That girl is adorable, and Kenna's not half bad either! (haha!)
Post a Comment