Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy My First Mother's Day

This past weekend we celebrated Mother's Day with the help of some friends. Bruce and Nancy came down to visit and since Alixa had eye surgery, Jenna spend most of the weekend with us as well. When Bruce and Nancy got here on Friday we had some lunch at CPK. Eating out is actually turning into quite a fiasco with Kenna. She is happy in her highchair for about 5 minutes, but after that she wants to do what everyone else is doing and touch ALL the food. Since restaurant highchairs aren't much of a barrier, she usually manages to squirm her way out and Nate of I have to catch her before she plummets to the floor. During this particular lunch she manged to grab a knife, a handful of my salad, and a fist full of ranch dressing...yum! I am just happy she didn't tip over any drinks. However, she should take some lessons from her cousin who is still content to just sit in her highchair.

After lunch the boys and Alixa went to play golf. I personally think that for every time Bruce and company go play golf the rest of us should go get a massage or something because I end up on the babysitting end of the golf deal all the time.

We spent most of the weekend just hanging out. Nate got me a very thoughtful card and gift. I have most of the "If you give a ____ a ____" books, but not the original, so Nate gave me "If you give a mouse a cookie." The original is the best and I was happy to add it to my collection of children's books. At some point I will scan the card he gave me but for now a description will have to work. Cover: two very ripped men in wife beaters with word bubbles saying "I'll be you dishwasher" and "I'll be you're toaster". Inside: I got you your dream kitchen for Mother's day. Very classic.

Nancy helped Kenna make a present for me as well. It is a picture frame that has her picture on one side and her hand print on the other. She also scribbled in a card for me, which I will keep forever. Overall, great first Mother's Day.





Kenna is now also weeks from walking on her own. She walks around the living room pushing this toy, baskets, or anything else that is the right height. Unfortunately, she can't steer very well. Yesterday she also stood up completely on her own, without using anything to pull herself up. She is discovering that she can stand up (and quite well), she is just a chicken.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm glad you had a good first mother's day, and a good weekend with Nancy and Bruce.

Kenna is getting so big! I love the video of her walking around; it looks like she is pretty stable and quite balanced! I'm sure she'll be walking soon. She's adorable!

Dawnene Young said...

Yeah, Kenna!!!! You cute, beautiful baby!!