Sunday, October 25, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

We heard that Kristi and Jolie were flying in for Emma's wedding this weekend and we couldn't stay away. Up to Delaware we went. We got there late Thursday night and watched Jenna while Lix and the crew all went to the actual wedding in DC. And thus began Baby Wars.......

We went to the reception on Friday night and the rest of the weekend was full of wonderful events that the Winn clan is notorious for. Sitting around. I even managed to talk Kristi in to showing off her new skills of cutting hair on my wife.



A scene from "Barbershop" if it was starring a white cast ....



There was lots of food, lots of smiles, lots of babies, and lots of fun. It was a wonderful weekend.

And I even learned where Kenna gets her napping power


My mom gave us my captains bed and some other furniture that we packed into the excursion and drove back to Richmond. We have a busy week ahead of us now. We have to unpack all the furniture, set up the guest room which we painted 2 weeks ago, and then go and get our kitchen cabinets. Our guest room will be completely done when we set up the furniture in it. We have been in the house for quite a while now and only recently have "finished" a couple rooms. Soon I guess the whole house will be up to snuff. I am sure that we will post some pictures when we get the guest room completed. Then it is on to the kitchen.....

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I love the picture of Bruce napping. Maybe it's genetic. :) I'm glad you guys had so much fun. I'm excited to see pictures of the rooms you "finish" in your house.