Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Unremovable Windex and Pooing Pine Trees

There were lots of times when my parents did things when I was a kid that left me speechless. You know, moments of braindeadness that made you wonder how you were made of the same DNA. I never understood. Now I understand

Our brain cells are dying and we have only been parents for 2 months. This is not good.

Example 1 - McKenzie was drying her hair upstairs and I walked into the bedroom. "Hey, there is a bird that just sits up in this tree and poops. I have been drying my hair for 5 minutes and he has pooped like 12 times. Watch out if you walk under there" she tells me. I started thinking and concluded that anything short of a pelican sitting on our pine tree or a flock of seagulls probably would not produce that much poo in a 5 minute window. Based on recent events, the only thing I know of that is capable of that much poo in such a short time period is a 10 pound toddler who lives in my house, smiles at me, and wakes me up at night. I glanced out the window to catch a glimpse of the pooing beast and saw the entire backyard covered in pine needles. Sure enough, they would fall off the tree as the wind blew them off at a rate of 12 needles per five minutes. I had to break the news to Kenzie, who was too tired to even be embarrassed at the faulty thought process that had just occurred.

Example 2 - Immediately following the pooing pine tree debacle I resolved to clean and wash both of our cars. I got my bucket, paper towels, windex (which is also a helpful remedy for cuts and scrapes), scrubber, and soap and headed to the driveway. I spend an hour vacuuming and cleaning the windows. Then, when I was on the last windshield, I sprayed the windex on to the windshield. In my defense, I was cleaning the Corolla which is a tiny car and quite a sqeeze for big old me. I started wiping the windex off and got to the very last bit of the window and noticed little specks of liquid still on my windshield on the side I already wiped. I leaned back over and started wiping them and stared in disbelief as they wouldn't wipe off. I tried again, for the third and final time without any luck. Only then did I realize the specks were from raindrops and they were actually on the outside of the windshield. I started to call the Pope and declare that I had found a miracle bottle of Windex that would never be wiped clean, but I hung up quickly when I found out it was just raining.

2 months down. We don't stand a chance.

Pictures for your viewing pleasure





5 comments:

Dawnene Young said...

NOW you get it!!!! Welcome to the world of being either brain-dead, or just too tired to care. It's a truly scary phenomenon!!!! I do remember being rather intelligent once . . . :))

Mama Winn said...

McKenzie, your mom has me beat. I don't remember ever being intelligent. If I was, it was more than five minutes ago, because I don't remember anything that happened more than five minutes ago! What is Annie's last name again???

Four Winns said...

CUTE baby. Good work. Maybe if I decide to start blogging again you'll be able to see my baby too. Funny how your mom chose ME to not remember. Ouch.

kimmalee said...

Kenzie, you look great. McKenna, you're still a beautiful little girl. Nate, you're a big nerd. I'm with you on the dying brain cells. I swear it started with becoming a parent. What the crap is the deal with that? Great stories.

Smith Family said...

She is so cute! She seems so awake in all the pictures.
Where do you guys live?