
We are celebrating a newly founded holiday in our lives. Because graduation, our anniversary, and Christmas were all blended together this year, Kenzie and I decided that we would celebrate gradaversimas instead of all three smaller events. I got 2 presents for gradaversimas – a new BYU jacket and a Tom Tom for finding our way around Richmond. Kenzie’s present was a trip to see stomp, although the weather was really bad and snowy on the day we were supposed to go to New York but they are coming to Richmond in February so we are just going to go see them down there.

Graduation was a blast! We managed to finish all of our finals and pass our classes just in time for Kenzie’s parents to fly in from Utah. They were joined by uncle hillbilly willy from up in Pittsburg. My parents arrived the night before with Loni, Jessie, and babies. Skiff and Kyle came down for the actual ceremony and later Matt, Brandon, Liz, and Tyler came for lunch to celebrate. It was a packed house and a really fun day.

In trying to describe what a graduation was to the 3 year old Madison, I told her that she was coming to a dress up party in which I would be wearing a giant purple dress. She was very excited upon hearing that and asked if she could dress up too. They got a little less excited when they had to sit through a 2 and a half hour ceremony where they called 700 names. Ali saw us afterwards and she explained to grandma that the graduation was “really really really really really long”. I agree.
We had a fantastic time hanging out with Kenzie’s parents and it was good to have them on the east coast. They left on Sunday just in time for us to pack up our house and get things ready to move to Richmond. We went to the doctors on Monday morning and got to hear a tiny little heartbeat for the first time. Until now, I was not totally convinced that Kenzie was actually pregnant. I thought maybe she was faking it to get attention. However, a fast heart beat proved that she is in fact 3 months pregnant. It was fantastic to hear the little thing go. It was a fantastic way to mark our 3 years of marriage. An anniversery marked by an ultrasound and moving - how romantic I am!

We got on the road to Richmond on Monday afternoon and got all checked in to our storage unit and went to find our apartment. About a half mile from our apartment we discovered a mall bigger than the king of Prussia mall, a chipotle, red robin, and most importantly, a cheesecake factory. We are very excited to be out of Harrisonburg and near civilization again. We moved a few bags into our brand new apartment and set up shop. It is really nice and has all new furnishings and looks like a great place to crash for a few months. My company is putting us in a furnished apartment for 3 months and giving us that time to find a place to live. It is a great transition!

So after getting settled in Richmond we headed up to Delawhat for Jolie’s wedding. She gets hitched tomorrow so we are headed down to DC tonight to stay for a night before the wedding. Life is really fun right now for both of us and we are really excited to be headed to Richmond in January to start real life.
2 comments:
Congratulations on the graduation and the upcoming baby! It's so fun to hear the heartbeat... It was much faster than I expected it to be when I first heard Jaden's heartbeat and I actually laughed out loud (weird reaction... I know... must have been the hormones). Oh well.
Happy Anniversary, enjoy Jolene's wedding, Merry Christmas, and we hope you like your new place in Richmond! Did that cover everything? Haha.
Congrads again to you two. We had a fun time there. Thanks for putting us up. We wish you the best in you new life!!
Post a Comment